March 8, 2011

Of Chapters and Discontinuities...


Hi All,

It has been 558 days since I last posted something here, and after gargantuan measures of procrastination spread throughout those 558 days, as I finally sit here to write a fresh blogpost, I am fixated upon the concept of continuity.

In the chapters of a book, the author strives to maintain a delicate thread of continuity (or atleast context) to string together the whole piece of writing. As I think about what to write, I realize that although this is like the 2nd chapter of my blogging endeavours, there can be no continuity.

There can be no continuity, simply because the person who wrote the last blogpost and the person writing this blogpost are separated by a discontinuity in time, wide enough to ensure that there is but very little common ground between the two. The schizm between me and me is emotional, intellectual, experiential, and attitudinal. However, like an Alistair MacLean novel, I hope that the successive but apparently unrelated chapters shall converge to a singularity as the novel of my blogging adventure progresses.

So what do I write about? See the next blogpost for that!!

Love-n-Luck,
Av

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to listening to potpourri of the eddies in ur mind :)